Half Day Adult Mental Health Awareness Course
We are pleased to offer a Half Day Mental Health Awareness Course. The course will be held at The Sidcup Working Men’s Club on November 11th from 10am-2pm approximately.
Sidcup Partners BID are able to offer the course FREE to 16 BID Levy Payers and will offer the course on a first come basis. The course will be led and delivered by UK Mental Health Ltd expert David Whiting.
Covid 19 Measures
Risk will be minimised by having separation between people, anti-bacterial sprays and gels, masks and shields etc. available. Delegates will have sanitised marker pens in separate bags for their use only.
Overview of the Half Day Adult Mental Health Aware course
This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Please contact us at email@example.com to book a place on the course.